Throughout the years, Shirley has conducted weekend training seminars -- we call them camps -- that attracted people from all over the country. We took pictures as the seminars were in progress and posted them on our site. Because of the photos, the pages may take a while to load.
Camp Berner, October 19-21, 2001
- Saturday: Chicken games, stays, loose-lead walking and Doggie Zen
- Sunday: Back feet work, turns, stacking, and backchaining
Camp Belgian, October 12-14, 2001
Obedience Series, Camp One - March 24-25, 2001
- Training: Heeling, retrieving, handler exercises, record-keeping
- Dogs: From the big Wirehaired Pointing Griffon to the tiny Yorkie
Camp Berner - November 3-5, 2000
- Friday night: Bumping, barking, leaning and clicking
- Saturday: Carting, targeting, good door manners, and keeping track of big dogs
- Sunday: Back feet lessons, dumbbells, distance work, field romps
Camp Leo - September 8-10, 2000
- Friday night: Puppies, pizza and BIG dogs
- Saturday: Loose-lead walking, shaping, learning about back feet, touching, and nap time
- Sunday: Field play for puppies, shifting from pace to trot, trying out agility, lots of Leo talk
Camp Toonie - June 23-25, 2000
- Friday night: Evening field romps, hard lessons and clicker pickin'
- Saturday: Dealing with manners and fears; a little loose-lead walking and a lot of Sheltie talk!
- Sunday: Weaves, mats, directions, and learning more about behavior
Camp Papillon - May 12-14, 2000
- Friday night: Little dogs, big hearts
- Saturday: Anti-nip training, stacks and stands, loose-lead walking, gaiting, footwork and field runs
- Sunday: More gaiting, tunnels and teeters, and play in the field
Camp ACD - April 14-16, 2000
- Friday night: Spots, speckles and settling in
- Saturday: Tricks, loose-lead walking, working away, targeting
- Sunday: Learning therapy tricks, training challenges, walking backward and "wait" -- and a birthday cake
Camp Terrier - March 10-12, 2000
- Friday night: Pizza and clicker basics; and little terrier tails!
- Saturday: Loose lead walking, back feet, ladders, horse-jumping, targeting and field runs
- Sunday: Rocking a horse, tape-targeting, teeter-tottering, contact zones, touch training and nch
Camp Newf - January 28-30, 2000
- Friday night: Getting to know each other and learning about the clicker.
- Saturday morning: Stacking, learning manners, back feet work, retrieve, targeting and tricks.
- Saturday afternoon: More retrieve work, responsible heeling, carting, 101 things to do with a chair!
- Sunday: Anti-targeting, target-heeling, contact points, stay, snow, and of course, a group photo!